Sunday, March 26, 2006

religion/politics/people

Visted some friends tonight. One of them passionately hates republicans. I agree with a lot of what he says, but you can't lump all people of one party together. He was telling his son that republicans don't care about people (or something to that affect) and praising the democrats for their social programs. Then we were lamenting the state of public schools and what the welfare system has done to people. I pointed out that the social programs that he loves are part of that problem. I'm not a republican or a democrat. I wasn't in the mood for a major debate so I let the subject drop.

Then we discussed church. I don't go to church, but I had agreed to play the piano for a Methodist church this morning. I was telling them how boring it was and how ridiculous the prayers were. He pulled out his program from the Episcopal church and showed me their prayers. (written in the bulletin) They pray for the "vicims of the social order'. He was so happy about that, but my question is "is that prayer being answer??" They told me about the ministiries their church has for soldiers, poor, etc. I said "But those are things that YOU are doing. What is GOD doing?" ?????????????????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home