Friday, January 13, 2006

church basketball

I get furious everytime I go to a basketball game at the baptist church where my daughters play. The league is called Upward and it's a great program, IF the coaches would follow a few simple rules that are specific to this league. Welll, of course, many of them don't, one in particular. He has been coaching for 6 years in this league and has always played fast and loose with the rules. He also gets quite an attitude if something doesn't go his way. Well, I think he's a jerk and I pretty much avoid him, but I actually fault the pastor more than him. I coached last year and explained my concerns to the pastor. Nothing ever changes. This coach shows his butt at least once a year (He's a faithful church member!), but every year they welcome him back to coach once again.

The head referee also is well aware of the rules, but doesn't seem to care. He's not quite as much of a jerk as the coach, but he's in the same category.

Every year, at every game, I tell myself to sit there and watch and BE QUIET! I haven't succeeded yet. I know these people think I'm a pain in the butt, but I think that they are idiots, jerks, and sorry leaders for not handling these problems. It's not that I can't stand to lose, but the kids need to have a fair shot at a decent game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home