Monday, January 30, 2006

Thoughts on Religion

I noticed on Julia Sweeney's blog that someone commented that "there's really no difference if god created man or man created god" (that's actually a paraphrase, not a quote). I couldn't disagree more! If God created man, then there really is a higher power out there controlling (or choosing not to controll) things. If man created god, then it's FICTION!!!! HELLOO!!! Isn't that different???? ARGH!!!

Another thing...I saw a friend this weekend that I hadn't seen in about 5 years. I told her that I had "given up church". Her comment was that she understood giving up church, but she hoped that I didn't give up on God. To me that gets back to the issue of whether the bible is reliable because if you don't get your idea that there is a god from the bible, where do you get it? It seems that either you can believe all of it or none of it. I don't believe my husband when he says he has a meeting and will be late, and then NOT believe him when he says he loves me. I either believe him or I don't. That's probably a horrible, stupid comparison, but it's what popped into my head.
And how can Christians give God the credit for everything good, but never the blame for anything bad. When the families thought that the miners were okay they said "Praise the Lord!". When they found out the report was wrong they didn't say "Damn God!" Well, I wasn't there, maybe they did, but I seriously doubt it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home